Find a family of friends through Temple Emanu-El's Sisterhood. We hold potlucks, retreats, women's ritual activities (Rosh Hodesh, Seder, spiritual day, leading Shabbat services), educational programs, leadership training, political events and numerous other activities. These focus on fulfilling one's potential as a Jewish woman. Many events are temple and community-wide.
If you are interested in joining Temple Emanu-El Sisterhood, download the form here.
We are a service organization dedicated to promoting the program of the WRJ,and URJ as follows:
- To uphold and aid the activities of Temple Emanu-El and its Religious School.
- To foster and further the highest ideals of Judaism and humanitarian causes in the community and throughout the world.
- To promote closer fellowship among its members.
Tree of Life
A beautiful plaque housed within the Temple House, the Tree of Life was donated by Sisterhood to inspire future generations. For a donation of $218, you can honor friends, family and life cycle events or memorialize loved ones with an inscribed leaf. All donations benefit the Levin Learning Center and School Building Fund.
Contact the Temple Administrative office for more information about ordering your leaf.
Temple Judaica Shop
Sisterhood volunteers run the Temple Judaica Shop. Profits from our Judaica Shop help support our Temple, the Religious School, and Sisterhood projects.
By appointment with Lynda Chase - (408) 505-7498 or email at email@example.com.
More about Sisterhood and WRJ
Temple Emanu-El Sisterhood is a member of Women of Reform Judaism and The Federation of Temple Sisterhoods. Founded in 1913, WRJ represents 100,000 members in 13 countries, 600 Sisterhoods and 12 District Federations. As the women's affiliate of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, WRJ works on behalf of the World Union for Progressive Judaism and the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, and is founder and supporter of the Jewish Braille Institute of America, Inc.
- Please VOTE to update our Constitution & Bylaws and Standing Rules.
- Please review the updated Constitution & Bylaws and Standing Rules.
- All paid up members are eligible to vote.
- To cast your vote, return to the Evite and respond with a Yes or No in the comment box and click on the green comment button.
- By responding, you cast your vote when you indicate Yes or No.
- Please vote by the deadline of May 1st, 2018.
- Results will be announced at the Donor Luncheon in June.